Halls of residence play a major role in campus life at Durham.
Our halls of residence create a ‘family’ feel. They offer a safe and comfortable ‘home from home’, a superb staff support network and the opportunity to make new friends.
Living in halls also means all the essentials are close at hand and when the day’s study is finished there’s a chance to socialise with friends.
- Halls which are in easy reach of each other and the centre of Durham (a 10 minute walk).
- Well-designed and newly furnished accommodation, providing students with comfortable living space that is conducive to study and relaxation.
- Fully-catered and/or self-catering accommodation in specially designated halls.
- A range of meals to suit all tastes and dietary requirements including vegetarian/Halal choices.
- Well-equipped kitchens where students can prepare simple meals independently.
- Laundry facilities.
- A data port in each room for broadband access to the internet and the college IT network.
- A dedicated Personal Tutor who is responsible for assisting each student to settle in to the Centre.
- 24-hour mobile phone assistance for students living on-site.
- Weekly one-to-one Personal Tutorial sessions to support and advise students throughout their studies.